1. Chairman, A. P. S. R. T. C. , Hyderabad VS Shafiya Khatoon - 24 Aug 84
Accidents Act to persons other than those enumerated in the Fatal Accidents Act 1855. ... Accidents Act. ... Motor Vehicles Act 1939, Section 110-B - Indian Succession Act 1925 - Sec. 306 - Fatal Accidents Act 13 of 1855 - Legal Representatives ... Accidents Act. 1959, the Fatal Accidents Act 1976 and the Administration of Justice Act, 1982. ... Accidents Act to persons other than those enumerated in the Fatal Accidents Act 1855. ... Accidents Act, 1855 is to be limited to the enumerated class of persons under S. 1-A of the Fatal Accidents Act, 1855?"
India - Andhra
2. Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation VS Kistoori Devi - 17 Oct 85
(a) Motor Vehlicles Act, 1939— Sec. 110 to 110F and Fatal Accidents Act. 1855 — Secs. 1, 1A and 2—Provisions of Motor Vehicles Act ... are procedural and substantive both—Over riding the provisions of the Fatal Accidents Act. ... (Para 55)(d) Fatal Accidents Act, 1855—Sec. 1A—Compensations to spouse—Allowed on consortium. ... the Fatal Accidents Act. ... 1-A of the Fatal Accidents Act. ... Accidents Act to persons other than those enumerated in the Fatal Accidents Act, 1855.
India - Rajasthan
3. Dwarka Prasad Agarwal VS Samrath Singh - 01 Jul 83
(1) Fatal Accidents Act, 1855–S. 1-A and 2–Hindu Succession Ad, 1956–S. 8, Sch. I–claimants falling under S. ... 1-A of Fatal Accident not living–heirs of deceased may claim loss of estate under S. ... himself negligent and responsible for accident–application for compensation dismissed. ... Section 1A of the Fatal Accidents Act, 1855 (hereinafter referred to as 'the Act') lays ... Claimants alleged that the accident occurred due to rash and negligent act of the driver who did ... of the driver of the truck in view of Section 2 of the Act.
India - Madhya Pradesh
4. Samindrabai Manika Gajabhare and another VS Divisional Controller, M. S. R. T. Corp. , Nanded - 06 Apr 94
FATAL ACCIDENTS, 1855. ... Sections 2 and 3-Bos accident-Death in. ... This First Appeal is directed on behalf of legal heirs of deceased Manika against the award of damages for death of Manika in the accident ... It was stated that the accident ... Claims Tribunal, in ascertaining compensation to be awarded to the legal representatives of a deceased, dying in an automobile accident
India - Bombay
5. Gobald Motor Service, Ltd. , a company registered under the Indian Companies Act, by its Managing Directors, N. Veeraswami Chettiar VS R. M. K. Velusami - 16 Jan 53
Owner liable for the damages.
Tort -Liability of owner of bus for damages resulting in death of a passenger due to accident caused by driving in excessive speed
India - Madras
6. MANGALDAS MOHANLAL PATEL VS UNION OF INDIA - 28 Jan 82
( 1 ) THIS appeal arises out of the Motor Accidents
India - Gujarat
7. Basheer Bivi . VS Z. Kuchelar - 20 Jan 70
Compensation to go to benefit of estate.
Fatal Accidents Act (XIII of 1855), sections 1 and 2 - Accident---Compensation - Factors - Compensation to go to benefit of estate
India - Madras
8. C. K. Subramania Iyer VS T. Kunhikuttan Nair And Six - 08 Oct 69
Fatal Accidents Act, 1855 - Sections 1-A and 2 - English Law Reform (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1934 ... - Section 2 - Lord Campbell s Acts - Fatal Accidents Act, 1846 - Accident - Assessment of damages - What are principles governing ... assessment of damages under Section 1-A and 2 of Fatal Accidents Act - Son of plaintiffs 1 and 2 aged about 8 years was hit by a ... Accidents Act (Act XIII of 1855) (to be hereinafter referred to as the Act)? ... Section 1-A is in substance a reproduction of the English Fatal Accidents Acts 9 and 10 Vict. ... The mode and manner of ascertainment of damages in fatal accidents cases came up for consideration in Nance v.
India - Supreme Court
9. HIRJI VIRJI TRANSPORT VS BASIRANBIBI MOHAMEDMIYA MOHAMEDHUSSEIN MUNSHI - 17 Dec 70
Their Lordships have in terms held that the assessment is to be made of the loss suffered by tortuous act ... It should be noted that the case before the House of Lords was of an accident arising from
India - Gujarat
10. G. Nookarathnam VS United India Fire and General Insurance Co. Ltd - 24 Apr 87
MOTOR VEHICLES ACT - Sec. 110-A (1) (b) and Indian Fatal Accidents Act, 1855, Sec. (1.A) - Application for compensation filed by ... ... Held : The provisions of the Fatal Accidents Act do not exclude ... The legal representatives do not mean only the persons referred to in the Fatal Accidents Act, but every person, who represents the ... Accidents Act. ... Accidents Act, 1955. ... Accidents Act is of the year 1955.
India - Andhra